Thursday, November 03, 2005

A fantastic knitting book.

First, let me thank everyone who has participated in the knitting meme. It is really great seeing it all over blogland...and all of the answers everyone has given. I now have some great new yarns to try, patterns to knit...or not...and new books to look for. There is no greater opinion than one of a knitblogger!
I am always leary of tagging people with meme's...some of you have very busy lives...but since Nona has had a peaceful evening, I feel the need to tag her with the knitting meme. I know she'll have some wonderful answers to add.

FYI: I put the meme together quite quickly and realize that asking for your favourite blog really should have been one of your "must read" blogs. I found many a knitbloggers by reading what others list as must reads.

Now, for my first purchase influenced by the knitting meme....thank you laura and the many others who listed it as a favourite book.

Handknit Holidays by Melanie Falick.
There are some fantastic patterns in this book. Every thing from home decor (tree skirts, stockings, pillows...etc) to wonderful gifts for others or yourself!

I particularly love the "over the knee socks" by cindy taylor.

They look fantastic, yet I would never wear them...maybe I'll knit them for someone.

Jo Sharp's "Holly Leg Warmers" are great.

Are leg warmers back in, cause I would wear these...and I could learn to do Fair Isle...yes, that is on my to do list.

Robin Melanson's "Nutcracker Slippers" are just gorgeous.

I definitely will be making these.

And oohhhh...Jillian Moreno's "Ribbon Scarves" are gorgeous...

love the red, I would make it exactly like that....cast off 3200 sts...hmmmm.

Hello Priscilla Gibson-Roberts's "Swedish heart-Warmer Shawl"...

you are beautiful, I just don't think I am ready for you yet, but yes, soon.

The socks, shawls, tank, sweaters...all gorgeous, trust me.

And, want to use up some yarn while dressing up and outfit or a gift...

Nicky Epstein's "Flower Pins/Package Decorations...they are beautiful.

Bags, wine caddy's, ornaments, hats, scarves, gloves...you name it...this book has it.

Are you tempted yet?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag -- I'm looking forward to answering your MeMe!

Anonymous said...

I find those slippers to be very tempting, but the flower gift ties are also in NE Knitted Embellishments.

Laura said...

The more I look at Handknit Holidays, the more I love it. So many beautiful projects!

BTW, have you found your Knitting Vintage Socks? I have seen it at my local Barnes and Noble and Borders. I would be happy to get it for you and mail it if you can't stand the wait!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I've heard so many good things about that book. Everyone seems to love it.

Anonymous said...

I got my copy of that book about 2 weeks ago and agree - it's FANTASTIC!!! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Umm, if you can't find anyone to knit those gorgeous over the knee socks, you can knit them for me. I'll even provide the yarn. :)

Or not, I can just as well knit them myself.

Anonymous said...

VERY TEMPTED. I just ordered it. I have been searching and searching for some pics out of the book and I'm so thankful you posted some. It looks like a great book.

So I'm not going to be stalking the postman until I get it!

Anonymous said...

I also have the book and love it! There are some lovely patterns contained in its pages.

Anonymous said...

I really love that scarf..I don't know I've been into ruffle scarves lately, I guess I'll have to break down and knit one sometime.

Anonymous said...

love this book! does anyone know what the 'dcd' means though in the nutcracker slippers? haven't been able to figure it out.

Anonymous said...

criercroNo worries, you can knit the over the knee socks for me, I would wear them...in fact I can imagine being buried in them? I just bought the book but I am not patient enough to knit two socks and I love those socks...

Thanks for the pictures they convinced me to buy the book!

Harsha